Sunday, July 13, 2008

Return to Utica




Pictured above is the aftermath of the rains that came during the night on our second night of camping at Hickory Hollow. We had no choice but to ask management to move us to a new site for our camper was surrounded by 4 inches of rain water that never resided our whole stay at the camp grounds.



A new attraction to the area is a towpath which is a road or track that runs alongside the banks of a river, canal, or other inland waterway. The purpose of a towpath is to allow a land vehicle, beasts of burden, or a team of human pullers to tow a boat, often a barge. This mode of transport was common where sailing was impossible due to rapid current, tunnels and bridges, or unfavourable winds. Pictured above is a mule pulling the "The Volunteer" a site seeing boat.




Having a husband who loves motorcycles we can't pass up the local Harley dealer in the area and purchase some new Harley clothes.
Gerber Daiseys I just had to photograph.








1 comment:

mueppi said...

Hi Claudette
Just I read the text" Return to Utica!
I have lived in 1950 in Utica with my aunt and uncle in the Weststreet and went to the Saint Marys School! I had big homesickness to Germany and after my friends, although I had now also many friends in Utica. Unfortunately, thus it is if one is a child! Today I very often regret it and think what would have become from me!?
I would like to visit so with pleasure once more everything and plan to fly the next year after Utica! Maybe one sees himself sometimes!?
Excuse please, my english isn`t very good!
Hugs
Gisela